So you are keen to attend Newsrewired but you need to convince your manager first? Tell them what you will learn, who you will network with and what previous attendees have said.
To help you get the conversation started, we prepared a sample email you can use:
You will hear
Our talks and panels will provide you with a practical roadmap for bringing innovation in your own newsroom:
- How to use artificial intelligence to grow audience during breaking news
- The latest tools and techniques to fight misinformation, including deepfakes
- Skills and qualities journalists will need to succeed in the newsroom of 2020
- How to use diversity as a business strategy to future-proof your organisation
You will learn
Four hands-on workshops will provide you with practical skills to start new projects or improve your existing work:
- Create an audience-first strategy with Condé Nast’s internal audience growth training
- How to host a live podcast to step up your audio offering in a crowded market
- Re-engage your audience with constructive journalism (like The New York Times, De Correspondent, Die Zeit or The Guardian)
- How to visualise data and tell stories with Google Maps
You will meet
200 delegates gather at Newsrewired to join the conversation about the latest trends in digital publishing. They are editors, directors of media companies, journalists, communication professionals, marketing and technology providers, and academics. Companies include:
What did past delegates say
Consistently one of the best journalism conferences in Europe.
Corinne Podger, digital media consultant
An inspiring day – I left brimming with ideas. The future of digital journalism is bright!
– Emma Mason, digital editor, BBC History Magazine
Very unusual! I took something with me from every session. Brilliant!
– Johan Linden, project manager future of news, Swedish Television
The Newsrewired conference has helped me look at new ideas outside my newsroom to help improve my work inside the newsroom.
– Sian Elvin, social media editor, My London Online
Fun, forward-facing look at modern media.
– Gareth Evans, online editor, Bauer Media
Learnt a great deal more about the industry by attending this event.
– Adam Stephens, freelance journalist
Great value, very topical and well attended.
– Ali Al-Assam, senior vice-president MENA BD, PPI Media
Newsrewired encourages outside-the-box thinking through insights and discussion with some of the industry’s most creative thinkers.
– Yusof Abdul-Rahman, global video news editor, The Associated Press
Putting together big brains and key innovators in one room. Unmissable for networking, too.
– Gavin Allen, digital journalism lecturer, Cardiff University Journalism School
If you would like to suggest a session or a talk or sponsor the event, please get in touch by emailing marcela @ journalism.co.uk.
Travelodge is offering our Newsrewired delegates a 5% discount at any of the following Travelodges, which are closest to the venue.
To receive your 5% discount code, visit this page and the code will be sent to you via email.