First speakers confirmed for news:rewired digital journalism conference (20 Sept)
news:rewired is a one-day digital journalism conference run by Journalism.co.uk. September’s event will be our tenth news:rewired, and will focus on key innovations from newsrooms in the UK and abroad, the latest tools being harnessed by digital journalists and best practice pointers from industry experts. The event is aimed at anyone with an interest in the latest digital journalism techniques and staying ahead of the curve.
The event will be attended by around 200-250 people, and will feature topical panel discussions, inspiring case studies and practical workshops with a focus on key tools and skills. And don’t just take our word for it – here are a collection of testimonials from just some of our previous delegates.
Today, we’re pleased to announce the first speakers to be confirmed for September’s news:rewired. On the day we’ll have a line-up of around 30 speakers in total – (here’s the speaker list from our most recent event in April).
Over the coming weeks we will continue to add to the line-up of industry experts, and share more details on the agenda, so watch this space! Some of the subjects we plan to cover include:
- breaking news and crisis journalism
- verification tools and techniques
- online video
We’re also pleased to announce news:rewired will feature a LinkedIn for journalists workshop, in which LinkedIn’s Richard George and Darain Faraz (pictured above) will outline how best to use the network to “power your reporting”.
There is not long left to buy the limited early bird discount tickets we have available for just £95 (+VAT). There will only be a total of 50 available, and these are already selling fast. Once all 50 have sold, or by the end of Friday 31 May, whichever comes first, ticket prices will rise to the standard price of £130 (+VAT).
‘news:rewired plus’ option:
As well as the discounted conference-only ticket (for £95 +VAT) there is also the option of a ‘news:rewired plus’ ticket, at an early bird discount rate of £280 +VAT, which gives entry to news:rewired on Friday 20 September as well as access to a Journalism.co.uk training course the day before (Thursday 19 September).
Delegates can choose from the three training courses below, to attend on the Thursday:
- Introduction to open data for journalists: finding stories in data – with Kathryn Corrick, Open Data Institute and Lisa Evans, School of Data
- Creating a buzz: How to grow active social media communities – with Luke Lewis, BuzzFeed UK
- Mobile journalism: How to create quality video and audio on an iPhone and iPad - with Glen Mulcahy, RTE
Courses are run subject to demand and spaces are limited, so buy now to avoid disappointment.
‘news:rewired plus’ tickets are already available to buy at this link at the early bird discounted rate. Once the first 50 early bird tickets have been sold, or by the end of Friday 31 May, whichever comes first, the ticket price will rise to £310 +VAT. When you book a ‘news:rewired plus’ ticket a member of the Journalism.co.uk team will contact you via email to confirm which course you would like to attend.
- LinkedIn to run workshop for journalists at news:rewired
- Announcing the first topics for news:rewired on 20 September
- Date for the diary: The next news:rewired is on Friday 20 September
- Save the date! The next news:rewired is on Friday 19 April – tickets on sale now
- More detail on our ‘news:rewired plus’ tickets for September