As it happened: How news organisations approach user experience
Digital design is a key to drawing readers to news content and keeping them engaged. The focus of the third session of the news:rewired – digital stories conference was user experience, looking at the importance of readability, site journeys and how to ensure the audience returns.
The panel for the session included: Martin Belam, principal consultant, Emblem; Grig Davidovitz, co-founder, RGB Media; Kate Ortega, deputy graphics editor, The Wall Street Journal; Marc Downer, user experience consultant, Adido.
Kathryn Corrick, strategic communications consultant, moderated the session.
- Presentations: User experience session at #newsrw
- Collection of tips, articles and resources on news site design and user experience
- ‘Don’t make users work harder, make content more engaging’
- Video: ‘The news stream’ panel at #newsrw share lessons in live digital news reporting
- As it happened: Building the news – in-house tools for the newsroom