Journalism.co.uk is pleased to announce the next news:rewired event will take place on 16 March 2016 at Reuters, in Canary Wharf, London.
Video has been dominating digital and social strategies as more people engage with videos online and on their mobile phones. Facebook alone reported 8 billion daily video views on the platform, and Snapchat boasts 6 billion video plays every day. But with so much choice out there, how can media outlets keep viewers interested and engaged?
News:rewired ‘video focus’ will explore the latest trends and techniques in editorial video – the topics we are currently looking at include:
- the rise of 360-degree video and its value;
- how to put together a successful social video plan and find the right format for the platform;
- working with livestreaming apps both as an engagement tool and a source of eyewitness media;
- engaging online video – from interactive videos, to longform documentaries and making TV content work online;
- the apps and tools you need for the job.
More details about the speakers and the full programme for the day will be announced soon.
As always, news:rewired will highlight practical tips and advice – tools or programs, organisational processes, approaches or strategies – so delegates can leave with ideas of how they might achieve similar things themselves. This is at the heart of what news:rewired is about.
Early-bird discounted tickets for the full-day event are now on sale at £120+VAT. We have only a limited number of early-bird tickets available until 29 January, after which prices will rise to £165+VAT – so book your place as soon as possible to take advantage of the discount.