Programme updates: Lunchtime workshop and automation session
With one week to go until the next newsrewired conference, the Journalism.co.uk team is pleased to announce two new sessions being added to the programme.
The speaker line-up for our automation session is complete, with speakers from BBC News Labs, Reuters, and Quartz joining us on stage to discuss all about automated processes in the newsroom.
Google News Lab will also be hosting a lunchtime workshop on digital storytelling, from using Google Earth for journalism to when VR should take centre stage.
The event takes place on 8 February at the Reuters offices in Canary Wharf, London, and is currently sold out. Tickets are still available to full-day workshops on 9 February – find out more and sign up here.
Automation in the newsroom
We’ve heard a lot of about robot journalism, including some concerned voices. But how can automation help editorial teams and what resources are required to power these projects? With:
- Reg Chua, executive editor for editorial operations, data & innovation, Reuters
- Susanne Weber, language technology producer, BBC News Labs
- Jill Petzinger, reporter, Quartz
- Miranda McLachlan, convenor MA/MSc Digital Journalism programme, Goldsmiths, University of London
Google News Lab – Digital Storytelling
Matt Cooke will present techniques that can enhance your storytelling, illustrated with real examples. You’ll learn how to create your own maps, sample Google Earth for journalists and get a sense of immersive 360/VR technology. Come and see some of the latest digital techniques adopted by publishers across Europe. Session sponsored by Google.
We are currently also working on the programme for a newsrewired event in July. If you’d like to pitch a session or sponsor the event, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
- Lunchtime workshop, 22 Nov: Digital storytelling with Google News Lab
- More speakers join live social video and special projects sessions
- Live video, news games and more: New speakers announced for February’s newsrewired
- As it happened: Automation in the newsroom
- New session: Kickstarting R&D culture in European newsrooms