We’re pleased to announce the first speaker and session details for the next news:rewired, taking place on Thursday 6 December at MSN UK in Victoria, London.
news:rewired will bring together key digital journalism experts and innovators for a day of sessions, workshops, debates and discussion, geared towards equipping you with knowledge of the latest techniques and tools for producing top-notch digital journalism, as well as offering insight into some of the innovative projects evolving within today’s newsrooms – and outside of them.
- a look at the key digital lessons learned by news outlets in 2012
- the opportunities for long-form, in-depth journalism on digital platforms
- collecting social conversations on networked platforms
- ideas on how to measure success and make money in the coming year
- tips for effective audio storytelling
- reporting in real-time and best practice in liveblogging
- top tips for Twitter reporting strategy
Sessions will range from panels offering presentations and discussion around certain topics, and more workshop-style sessions, offering demonstrations and practical guides to digital tools.
Speakers already confirmed include:
- Bobbie Johnson, co-founder of Matter and European editor of GigaOm
- Alex Miller, executive editor of VICE UK
- Nate Lanxon, editor of Wired.co.uk
- Google+ (speaker to be confirmed)
We will be announcing more session and speaker details very soon; keep an eye on www.newsrewired.com for regular updates.
At December’s event we want to make sure delegates get to hear about as many of the tools and platforms which have launched in the past year as possible, and offer the chance to meet those behind the technology.
So this time we’re also looking to include a ‘lightning round‘ of 90-second thought provokers. Let us know if you’d like to suggest anyone to take part in this (feel free to nominate yourself) and we will select around six projects to hear about on the day. We are particularly keen to make sure this gives young innovators in the journalism industry a chance to showcase their work.
- Thursday 6 December at MSN UK, Cardinal Place, Victoria, London.
There are two ticketing options for news:rewired this time round.
news:rewired: Delegates can purchase a ticket for the one-day conference for just £130 (+VAT). Lunch and refreshments will also be provided at the day-long event, as well as networking drinks afterwards.
news:rewired PLUS: With this new option delegates can instead purchase one of our news:rewired PLUS tickets, which includes both a day’s intensive training on the Wednesday (5 December) and the day-long conference on the Thursday (6 December).
With the news:rewired PLUS ticket delegates can choose one of the two
three options below for the day of intensive training (the links below give an idea of the content of each course – the dates mentioned on the pages linked to are not part of news:rewired PLUS, this is only available on Wednesday 5 December):
– Introduction to data journalism, run by Paul Bradshaw
– Online media law, run by David Banks
– Advanced online research skills, run by Colin Meek – (this course has now sold out)
news:rewired PLUS tickets are just £310 (+VAT).
You can buy either of these tickets at this link. If you select a news:rewired PLUS ticket we will contact you to confirm which training course you would like to attend on the Wednesday and provide further details. Space on these training courses will be limited and running of them will be subject to demand.
If you have already booked a ticket for news:rewired and would like to upgrade to a news:rewired PLUS ticket contact Journalism.co.uk editor Rachel McAthy via email.