Presentations: Long-form digital journalism session at #newsrw
The speakers were: Bobbie Johnson, co-founder, Matter; Alex Miller, executive editor of VICE UK; Simon Frantz, deputy editor of BBC Future, a project from the commercial arm of the BBC; Patrick Hussey, digital lead, Aeon magazine. It was moderated by Kathryn Corrick, training business manager, Open Data Institute.
Here are slides from Bobbie Johnson, co-founder, Matter
Alex and Patrick did not use slides. We will update this post if we get permission to post Simon’s slides.
Links to coverage of the session:
As it happened: What are the opportunities for long-form journalism?, liveblog by Caroline Mortimer on news:rewired
A Storify of the session, by Mariana Pereira on the Online Journalism Blog
Matter: Long-form digital journalism that breaks all the rules, by Martin Belam.
Matter: Long-form digital journalism can be different, by Natalie Clarkson on news:rewired
Vice: From ‘sex, drugs and rock and roll’ to long-form video, on Journalism.co.uk
- As it happened: What are the opportunities for long-form journalism?
- Matter: Long-form digital journalism can be different
- news:rewired – digital stories, Thursday 6 December, at MSN UK, London
- Presentations: Mobile reporting session at #newsrw
- First speaker and session details for news:rewired, Thursday 6 December