Presentations: Visual storytelling session at #newsrw
The visual storytelling session at news:rewired – digital stories looked at the range of techniques and tools being harnessed by news outlets on their sites and across the social web, from the effective use of still images beyond the norm, through to graphics, interactives and visualisations.
The speakers included: Nic Newman, digital strategist; Jonas Forth, creative director, ThingLink.com; Phil Kenny, head of infographics, the Economist; Paul Rowland, deputy head of content (digital), Media Wales.
Copies of their presentations in the order they were delivered are copied below.
Nic Newman, digital strategist:
Jonas Forth, creative director, ThingLink.com:
Paul Rowland, deputy head of content (digital), Media Wales:
Phil Kenny, head of infographics, the Economist:
- As it happened: How news outlets harness visual storytelling
- Visual storytelling: ‘You don’t need a budget, it’s not just for the big boys’
- As it happened: Social media judgement and shareability
- Final programme for news:rewired – which is now sold out
- Announcing ThingLink as the latest sponsor of news:rewired – digital stories