As it happened: using social media to source stories session
The news-gathering process has been revolutionalised by social media, but journalism still struggles with the finding and verification of social sources. This panel at news:rewired discussed strategies to make progress in these areas.
This is the archive of the live event blog.
The panel was:
- Dhruti Shah, UGC producer, BBC News
- Jochen Sprangenberg, innovation manager, Reveal Project/Deutsche Welle
- James Neufeld, founder, SAM desk
- John Crowley, digital editor, The Wall Street Journal
- Slides and audio – Sourcing stories on social media
- Social search and virtual reality: More speakers announced for July’s news:rewired
- WATCH: Sourcing and verifying stories on social media
- As it happened: Immersive storytelling and production session
- As it happened: Emerging opportunities in digital journalism