As it happened: Gaming principles in storytelling
Juliana Ruhfus, senior reporter for Al Jazeera’s People & Power investigative and current affairs strand, worked on producing Al Jazeera’s news games, from its first ever project of this kind, Pirate Fishing, to the most recent, #Hacked, which takes players inside the cyberwar in Syria. In a short talk, Juliana will give insights into the process of creating Hacked, and explain the benefits of using gaming techniques for storytelling.
- Live video, news games and more: New speakers announced for February’s newsrewired
- As it happened: Collaborative storytelling: Using technology to source stories from remote communities
- As it happened: From fake news to misidentifying suspects: Best practices for tackling the misinformation ecosystem
- Focusing on the individual: Al Jazeera’s #Hacked game on the Syrian cyberwar
- As it happened: Digital security for journalists