As it happened: From fake news to misidentifying suspects: Best practices for tackling the misinformation ecosystem
In this keynote, Claire Wardle, who leads strategy and research at First Draft, will consider the whole spectrum of the misinformation ecosystem, and using research about audience behaviour and social psychology, will outline ways that newsrooms can start tackling the issues associated with fake news, hoaxes, misattributed and manipulated content that surfaces online.
- As it happened: Digital security for journalists
- As it happened: Making data visualisations and interactives work on mobile
- As it happened: Automation in the newsroom
- As it happened: Collaborative storytelling: Using technology to source stories from remote communities
- As it happened: Gaming principles in storytelling