LIVE: Session 2B – Business models in community journalism
Collaboration is not just limited to the production of editorial content, communities can also be key to the business model of a news outlet. This session hears from a series of community-focused media businesses to learn about their models, from crowd-funding to citizen journalism wires.
With Turi Munthe, founder, Demotix; Philip Trippenbach, editor-in-chief, Citizenside; Rick Waghorn, founder, Addiply and Henry Peirse, CEO and founder of GRN.
- Presentations and video from session #2B: business models in community journalism
- Links: Business models in community journalism
- Announcing news:rewired – connected journalism, 6 October 2011
- 10 lessons learnt at news:rewired – connected journalism
- Slides and audio – New models in local media