LIVE: Session 3A – Bringing the outside in
Across the media spectrum organisations are pulling in content from outside their four walls, whether that’s curating coverage from other sites, building networks for blogs and third-party opinion, or opening up their doors to citizen journalism and user-generated content. This session looks at how outside content, in all its forms, is integrated into the output of news organisations and the different approaches to be found in the industry.
With Carla Buzasi, editor-in-chief, the Huffington Post UK; Dominique van Heerden, digital producer, CNN; Chris Hamilton, social media editor, BBC News and Ed Barrow, chief technical officer, idio.
- Presentations from session #3A: bringing the outside in
- Presentations: Verification/validation, rumour and corrections panel at #newsrw
- AS IT HAPPENED: Breaking news panel discussion
- As it happened: Curation session at news:rewired
- Video: Breaking news panel at news:rewired