As it happened: Tips for journalists on collecting social media conversations
The first session of news:rewired looked at the ways journalists find conversations across social media platforms, discover news leads and tune in to audience reactions. It also looked at how journalists and news organisations measure the success of there own ‘social conversations’.
The session featured: Ian Barber, senior developer advocate, Google+; Katie Rogers, social news editor, Guardian US; Dave Wyllie, editor, BreakingNews.com; Catriona Oldershaw, UK managing director, Synthesio. Moderated by Gabrielle Peters, social media consultant.
- Presentations: Collecting social conversations session at #newsrw
- Announcing Synthesio as latest sponsor of news:rewired – digital stories
- How news groups use social media to build stories
- AS IT HAPPENED: Searching social session
- As is happened: Reddit – More than just AMAs