Facebook’s Vadim Lavrusik to deliver news:rewired keynote
Vadim Lavrusik is to deliver the keynote presentation at digital journalism conference news:rewired on 19 April.
Lavrusik is journalism programme manager at Facebook, and a professor teaching social media journalism at Columbia University.
Before joining Facebook in 2011, Lavrusik was community manager and social strategist at Mashable, building and managing the community team and overseeing its reader engagement efforts and social media strategy.
In 2010 he was social media specialist at the New York Times, where he implemented new social media strategies and platforms while managing the New York Times’s Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and lists, Google Buzz profile and Flickr photostream.
Lavrusik’s keynote presentation at news:rewired, a one-day digital journalism conference organised by Journalism.co.uk, will be highly practical. He will discuss how journalists and media organisations are using Facebook to report and distribute stories as well as the best practices around using features like Facebook Follow, Graph Search, Pages and other tools.
Lavrusik said: “I’m delighted to be part of the news:rewired conference. There’s a lot of innovation happening with journalists using Facebook in their reporting and this is a great opportunity to have a conversation about how to best utilise these tools.”
The keynote will kick off the event, with sessions and workshops to follow including data journalism, curation, growing social media communities and Google tools for journalists.
Tickets for news:rewired are still available but usually sell out ahead of the event – so don’t delay! Here are the two ticketing options:
- news:rewired: Delegates can purchase a ticket for the one-day conference for just £130 +VAT. Tickets include lunch, refreshments and after event drinks on the day.
- news:rewired PLUS: These tickets offer a place at the conference, as well as a day of intensive training the day before the event. The three options on offer for the day of training prior to the event are advanced online research with Colin Meek, data visualisations with Paul Bradshaw and Caroline Beavon, and online video journalism with Adam Westbrook. Space on these training courses is limited. news:rewired PLUS tickets are available for just £310 (+VAT).
You can buy either of these tickets at this link. If you select a news:rewired PLUS ticket Journalism.co.uk will contact you to confirm which training course you would like to attend on the Thursday (18 April) and provide further details.
- Video and presentations: Facebook’s Vadim Lavrusik at news:rewired
- A look at what’s in store for news:rewired delegates
- As it happened: Facebook’s Vadim Lavrusik delivers keynote at news:rewired
- Important announcement re: news:rewired keynote
- Save the date! The next news:rewired is on Friday 19 April – tickets on sale now