As it happened: How news outlets harness visual storytelling
An afternoon session at the news:rewired conference, today in London, looked at the range of visual storytelling techniques and tools being harnessed by news outlets on their sites and across the social web: from the effective use of still images through to graphics, interactives, and visualisations.
The panel for this session consisted of: Nic Newman, digital strategist; Jonas Forth, creative director, ThingLink.com; Phil Kenny, head of infographics, the Economist; Paul Rowland, deputy head of content (digital), Media Wales.
David Hayward, head of journalism programme, BBC College of Journalism, acted as the moderator for the session.
- Presentations: Visual storytelling session at #newsrw
- LIVE: Session 1A – The data journalism toolkit
- Visual storytelling: ‘You don’t need a budget, it’s not just for the big boys’
- As it happened: How to use your mobile as a reporting tool
- As it happened: What are the opportunities for long-form journalism?