Presentations: Collecting social conversations session at #newsrw
The first panel session at news:rewired – digital stories looked at the ways journalists can find conversations taking place on various social media platforms, discover news leads and tune in to audience reactions. It also looked at how to measure the success of your own ‘social conversations’ as a journalist or news outlet.
The panel consisted of: Ian Barber, senior developer advocate, Google+; Katie Rogers, social news editor, Guardian US; Dave Wyllie, editor, BreakingNews.com; Catriona Oldershaw, UK managing director, Synthesio. It was moderated by Gabrielle Laine-Peters, social media consultant.
Ian Barber, senior developer advocate, Google+
As it happened: Tips for journalists on collecting social media conversations, liveblog by George Berridge on news:rewired
How news groups use social media to build stories, by Elena Cresci on news:rewired
The philosophy of BreakingNews.com, by Martin Belam
Curating social media during Hurricane Sandy for the Guardian, by Martin Belam
- As it happened: Tips for journalists on collecting social media conversations
- Announcing Synthesio as latest sponsor of news:rewired – digital stories
- How news groups use social media to build stories
- As it happened: A new wave in audio news
- news:rewired – hear more about ‘noise to signal’ from our speakers