As it happened: What mobile audiences want from news
The opening panel of the news:rewired conference, in London today, looked at how news organisations are dealing with the growing percentage of readers who access stories from mobile devices only.
It asked what storytelling styles work best and if media outlets can still captivate audiences with apps?
The panel for this session included:
- Brianne O’Brien, mobile editor, BuzzFeed News
- Subhajit Banerjee, mobile editor, the Guardian
- Christopher Meighan, director for digital design, emerging news products, The Washington Post
- Inga Thordar, editorial and programming director, CNN Digital International
- Michael Kowalski, founder, Contentment