As it happened: Press play: What works in online video?
Publishers are now competing for attention with services such as Netflix and Amazon Instant Video – so what are the best news video formats to engage your audience?This ‘in-depth’ session will explore production techniques and strategies behind interactive web documentaries, making on-demand video for multiple platforms, and striking the balance between TV and digital.
- Ryan Smith, supervising producer, CNN Digital International
- Jo Webster, global editorial director, Reuters TV
- Konstantinos Antonopoulos, senior interactive producer, Al Jazeera English
Moderated by: Charlie Beckett, founding director, POLIS
- Slide and audio – Press play: What works in online video?
- Online video: challenges and possibilities for audience engagement
- Engaging online video and mobile journalism: More speakers announced for news:rewired ‘video focus’
- Latest news:rewired updates: Check out the agenda and more speakers just announced
- As it happened: Getting social right: The challenges and opportunities of distributed video