Announcing Content Insights as the latest newsrewired sponsor
With just under two weeks to go until our next newsrewired digital journalism conference, the Journalism.co.uk team is happy to announce Content Insights will be joining us as an event sponsor on the day.
Content Insights is developing a web analytics service to evaluate stories published online and help journalists and editors make sense of the large amount of data coming from a multitude of source.
David Brauchli, senior vice president of communications, will join our analytics panel to discuss how to measure success in the newsroom alongside Elinor Shields, head of audience engagement, BBC News, and Rob Hammond, head of SEO, Trinity Mirror.
Newsrewired takes place on 20 July at Reuters HQ, in Canary Wharf, London. The agenda for the day includes panel discussions, practical workshops and spotlight talks on trends and techniques in digital journalism, from making the most of analytics to getting to grips with podcasting, audience engagement and social media newsgathering.
Tickets cost just £165+VAT, and a limited number are available here.
Here are some highlights from the programme:
- Keynote: Kristen Taylor, audience development specialist and former community editor, Serial Season 2
- How to create engaging podcasts and how to monetise them – A session with The Guardian, ShoutOut Network, Reveal and more;
- Editorial analytics: How to use metrics in the newsroom efficiently – Insights from BBC News and Trinity Mirror;
- Why The Times is betting on an editions-based digital strategy;
- The success and challenges of AJ+, and its new distributed news strategy;
- Data Hub: With the Guardian, the Financial Times, and more;
- Mobile-first: A workshop analysing the different ways people get news throughout the day, with Nic Newman
- How to make Facebook Live work for you.
As well as the conference, Journalism.co.uk is also hosting a day of training on 21 July at The Bridge near London Bridge.
Newsrewired+ delegates can choose to attend one of the following courses: advanced online research bootcamp, search engine optimisation for journalists and making podcasts and audio packages. Find out more about newsrewired+ here.
- Ousama Itani to give AJ+ spotlight talk at July’s newsrewired
- Going live in 3, 2, 1: Facebook to give livestreaming workshop at newsrewired
- Social media and data: More speakers announced for July’s newsrewired
- Welcome latest newsrewired sponsors Storyful
- Latest newsrewired updates: Spotlight on refugee crisis coverage, and welcome our latest sponsors Tableau and Tibit