As it happened: the new wave in podcasting
After the success of Serial and the mobile-friendly nature of the medium put podcasts back on the map for many media organisations, this session of the news:rewired conference explored how to create engaging podcasts and how to monetise them.
The panel for this session included:
– Jason Phipps, head of audio, the Guardian
– Maeve McClenaghan, freelance investigative journalist and producer, Reveal
– Kristen Taylor, audience development specialist and former community editor, Serial season 2
– Imriel Morgan, co-founder and chief executive officer, ShoutOut Network
Moderated by: Corinne Podger, media development practitioner and podcast trainer, BBC Media Action
- Keynote as it happened: Where’s the value for publishers in interacting with communities?
- Digital strategy shake-ups and podcasting: More speakers announced for July’s newsrewired
- Ousama Itani to give AJ+ spotlight talk at July’s newsrewired
- Kristen Taylor, audience development specialist and former Serial community editor, to give keynote speech at July’s newsrewired
- Announcing Content Insights as the latest newsrewired sponsor