As it happened: Special projects
Some editorial initiatives bring down newsroom walls and get many different teams working together. Our closing session will look at the “special projects” strategies in newsrooms, and the challenges and opportunities they bring, whether it’s about experimenting with new technologies or finding new commercial avenues.
• Francesca Panetta, special projects editor, the Guardian
• Lauren Brown, special projects editor, Quartz
• Robin Kwong, special projects editor, the Financial Times
More speakers to be announced soon.
- As it happened: Making data visualisations and interactives work on mobile
- As it happened: Automation in the newsroom
- As it happened: Kickstarting R&D culture in European newsrooms
- As it happened: Digital security for journalists
- As it happened: From fake news to misidentifying suspects: Best practices for tackling the misinformation ecosystem