As it happened: Graphic novel journalism
Marc Ellison is an award-winning video and photojournalist currently based in Glasgow. He has worked extensively across Africa since 2011. As a former computer programmer, Marc is passionate about pushing the boundaries of digital storytelling including the use of interactive photo/graphic novels and immersive 360 video. His interactive comics have recently won World Press Photo Multimedia and Amnesty International awards.
Marc’s workshop on graphic novel journalism will include: a brief historical overview of the format; examples of Marc’s work demonstrating the power of the comic book format; an overview of the pitching, proposal writing, and planning processes; best practices working in the field and once you’re back from fieldwork; and a candid summary of the challenges and obstacles.
- Storytelling for mobile and graphic novels: First speakers announced for November’s newsrewired
- Immersive storytelling for digital audiences: More speakers at newsrewired on 22 November
- As it happened: Immersive video workshop
- Shooting 360 video on a budget
- Announcing the next news:rewired – video focus, 16 March