As it happened: Social media beyond the Facebook newsfeed
This talk will address the recent Facebook algorithm changes and how publishers have been affected. Yara Silva, acting head of social media at the Daily Mirror, will discuss how the Mirror has been tackling the changes using different social platforms (including Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), as well as the organisation’s use of Facebook Groups and multiple Facebook Pages to encourage shares.
Silva focuses on increasing engagement and retention for The Mirror’s social media channels and its staff, and keeping up-to-date with all social developments. Previously, she has worked in social media for the MailOnline and HELLO! magazine.
- First speakers and training options announced for March’s newsrewired
- As it happened: Facebook’s Vadim Lavrusik delivers keynote at news:rewired
- Buzzfeed UK editor Luke Lewis’s tips for growing social media communities
- LIVE: Session 1B – Enhancing community engagement
- Latest news:rewired updates: Heather Bowen, head of social media at the Daily Mirror, joins chat apps panel