Two new speakers announced for newsrewired panel on getting Gen Z engaged with the news
With less than 10 weeks to go until the next newsrewired digital journalism conference, taking place on 7 November at Reuters in London, the Journalism.co.uk team is pleased to announce two more speakers joining us on the day.
McKenna Grant is a London-based Snapchat senior content editor at the Telegraph. Her team implemented a brand-new Snapchat editorial strategy at the newspaper in June 2017 and now the Telegraph‘s Discover platform attracts an average of over one million daily unique viewers.
Grant will talk about the editorial strategy behind the Telegraph’s success on the platform and share key lessons on getting the younger generation of readers engaged with the news content.
Imriel Morgan is the CEO and co-founder of the ShoutOut Network, the UK’s first diverse podcast platform. She has won multiple awards for podcasting and has produced many inclusive events and festivals including ShoutOut Live!
Morgan will discuss the importance of diversity when producing content aimed at Gen Z listeners and share her tips on creating successful audio content for younger audiences.
McKenna Grant and Imriel Morgan will be joining Ellen Stewart, head of content at PinkNews, in a session looking at what Generation Z (13-24), who never knew life without smartphones, wants from news organisations.
The event will kick off with a keynote speech from Sarah Marshall, head of audience growth at Vogue International, who will share her best tips on growing your audience and spotting new trends in content sharing.
If you would like to contribute as a speaker or sponsor, please get in touch by emailing marcela[at]journalism.co.uk
- Vogue International’s Sarah Marshall to keynote at Journalism.co.uk’s next Newsrewired conference
- Panels By Getty Images: The AI technology that suggests images by ‘reading’ your story
- How changing a business model can help future-proof news organisations
- New speaker announcement: Amanda Michel, deputy membership editor, the Guardian
- Going vertical: How Pink News reimagined its content for a completely difference audience on Snapchat