Thoughts from #1pound40: Can Twitter curate journalism?
Last week Journalism.co.uk attended Reuters and Amplified’s #1pound40 conference. More details on the event at this link – but essentially a series of discussion on the impact and potential for social media in journalism and politics.
@documentally aka Christian Payne was hopping from table to table capturing audio of the discussion which he kindly shared using Audioboo.
And Documentally’s ‘boo’ with BBC director of global news Richard Sambrook, where the pair discuss how ‘unconferences’ work and the interplay between liveblogging, Twittering and reporting events:
- Slides and audio – Live news: On the ground and in the newsroom
- #newsrw: So who’s coming to news:rewired?
- Announcing the #newsrw QR Code Challenge
- Issue of citizen journalism produces heated debate
- Programme update: Workshop on newsgathering and storytelling tools, powered by Google News Lab