#newsrw: Social media rules for journalists
Are you a journalist 24/7? Does the company you work for own you? Does it harm your credibility as a journalist if you share personal opinions online? Are some opinions more appropriate to share than others? These are just some of many questions raised by the recent debates on journalists and social media.
Over on our Journalism.co.uk Editors’ Blog, Kristine Lowe raises the issue in a Norwegian context. Do we need rules for journalists’ use of social media?
- Issue of citizen journalism produces heated debate
- Collection of verification resources for journalists, ahead of #newsrw
- LIVE: Session 2B – Social media optimisation
- Links: Session 1B – sorting the social media chaos
- Announcing Shorthand as the latest sponsor of news:rewired