Note: This post refers to the June 2010 news:rewired event. For information on how to follow December’s news:rewired – beyond the story event please click here.
The tickets have been snapped up and the speakers are ready: the final countdown to news:rewired begins. On Friday 25 June 2010, Journalism.co.uk will host its second news:rewired event – ‘the nouveau niche’, at Microsoft UK in London.
This sell-out day, all about innovative digital media for specialised audiences, is supported by the BBC College of Journalism, MSN UK, Cision, video platform Kyte and data scraping tool, Scraperwiki.
The one-day event will be jammed packed with ideas and tips from the industry’s digital best, from a variety of backgrounds: regional, national, B2B and online media companies.
Keynote speeches will be given by Marc Reeves, launch editor of the Business Desk West Midlands and Peter Bale, executive producer, MSN UK.
- This Cover It Live blog will pick up all the tweets and blog posts tagged #newsrw
- UltraKnowledge will be supplying a tweetwall, which can be viewed here
- All sorts of lovely Twitter information from the event can be viewed here: Top Tweeters; Most Followers; Most Active; Most Event Follows; and the ‘who knows who’ Wheel.
- The BBC College of Journalism will be streaming video live (links to follow)
- Keep your eyes on news:rewired.com, Journalism.co.uk and our Editors’ Blog for video, audio and news coverage throughout the event.
At our last news:rewired event lots of delegates blogged reports and commentary and once again we’ll be doing a round-up of everything we see.
Follow us on Twitter: @journalismnews / @journalism_live / @newsrewired and please say hello to the Journalism.co.uk team attending the event: @johncthompson, @lauraoliver, @jtownend, @rmcathy, @joelmgunter @hsalindsay; and @cevansroberts. We will also be joined by freelance journalist Patrick Smith, @psmith, who’s covering the event for us.