LIVE: Session 2A – Mobile reporting
Most journalists today carry on them a tool which can not only record interviews, capture video or images and file reports, but carry out many more advanced tasks, including tracking social media, editing audio and video packages, and searching for contacts geographically. It is, of course, a mobile phone and this session will provide delegates with examples of the key tools and skills journalists can use to make the most of their mobile when reporting.
With: Paul Gallagher, head of online content, the Manchester Evening News; Nick Martin, Sky News correspondent; Ben Fawkes, audio content manager, SoundCloud; and Christian Payne, social technologist, mobile story maker.
- Presentations from session #2A: mobile reporting
- Links: a look at mobile reporting ahead of news:rewired
- LIVE: Final session – Is liveblogging rewriting journalism? #newsrw
- news:rewired – media in motion is now sold out, here is what delegates can look forward to
- Presentations from session #1A: online video journalism