How to follow the news:rewired conference today
Journalism.co.uk is running its one-day digital journalism conference news:rewired – full stream ahead at MSN UK in London today.
The event will be focused on the latest tools, techniques and tips on how to produce the best journalism online and make it earn its keep, with innovative case studies from the industry.
Washington Post’s executive producer for digital news Cory Haik will deliver the keynote speech, followed by a group panel discussion on ‘engaging the digital mindset’, featuring speakers such as Joanna Geary, digital development editor for the Guardian, Raju Narisetti, managing editor of the Wall Street Journal Digital Network, Martin Fewell, deputy editor of Channel4 News and Alex Gubbay, director of digital platforms at Johnston Press.
Other sessions due to take place over the course of the day will look at topics including social storytelling, making digital journalism sustainable, data journalism, online communities, verification and mobile news.
There will also be workshops on visual storytelling tools, news community management and web scraping.
The day will conclude with a panel debate on ‘the news stream’ with speakers including Jason Mills, editor, web for ITV News, Raju Narisetti, managing editor of the Wall Street Journal Digital Network, Patrick Heery, UK editor for the BBC News website, Pete Clifton, executive producer for MSN UK and Ben Schneider, senior director and general manager for CoveritLive, Demand Media.
- Video: ‘The news stream’ panel at #newsrw share lessons in live digital news reporting
- LIVE: The news stream – lessons in live digital news reporting
- LIVE: Engaging the digital mindset – debating digital-first strategy at #newsrw
- More speakers confirmed for #newsrw, including Wall Street Journal, Guardian and Johnston Press
- Announcing CoveritLive as latest sponsor of news:rewired – full stream ahead