We’re counting down the days until our next digital journalism conference news:rewired, which takes place in London on Friday 20 September.
We have a fantastic line-up of speakers from news outlets including BBC News, the Guardian, GigaOM, Quartz, ITV News, Wall Street Journal, VICE UK and many more.
The day will include a full-conference panel session on breaking news, looking at the different ways news outlets cover breaking news on digital platforms, sharing best practice tips and practical applications.
Following a quick lightning round – which will showcase some of new and innovative tools and platforms coming out of the digital journalism industry – and coffee break, the conference will split into two streams until later in the day.
Sessions and workshops running in parallel include:
- online video or searching social
- data-driven newsrooms or verification
- LinkedIn for journalists or mapping
Later in the day delegates will return to full conference for a panel on lean start-ups, a five minute sponsor presentation, and the final session on breaking article boundaries, which will look at some of the ways news outlets are delivering stories in ways which break out of traditional online publishing formats.
Speakers confirmed for the event include:
- Jay Lauf, publisher, Quartz
- Jason Mills, editor, web, ITV News
- Neal Mann, multimedia innovations editor, Wall Street Journal
- Chris Hamilton, social media editor, BBC News
- Francesca Panetta, multimedia special projects, the Guardian
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOM
- Al Brown, head of video, VICE UK
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Claire Wardle, director of news services, Storyful
- James Ball, data editor, the Guardian
- and many more…
All that for just £130 +VAT!
The event is being held at MSN UK’s offices in Victoria, London.