WhatsApp ‘like a Ferrari you can only drive in a courtyard’
With 700 million users and a year of strong growth in usage from publishers, WhatsApp is a platform that news organisations can’t ignore.
At Italian publisher Gruppo L’Espresso, head of audience engagement and product development Alessio Balbi has found the platform has both a lot of potential and current limitations.
He shared his thoughts in the opening panel at the recent news:rewired conference and we caught up with him for the below video.
- As it happened: Experimenting in the newsroom
- Announcing Zentrick as latest sponsor of news:rewired
- Announcing Scoopshot as latest sponsor of news:rewired
- Video: Breaking news panel at news:rewired
- Announcing ScribbleLive as liveblog sponsor of news:rewired