Demystifying blockchain for journalists
Blockchain is not just about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin; this technology has started to move into all kinds of sectors, from real estate to healthcare – and now journalism.
While the journalism community is slowly starting to take note of blockchain, many still use it as a bit of a buzzword without knowing 100 per cent sure what it actually means.
So how does blockchain work and why should journalists care? Join us at newsrewired on 6 March 2019, and learn more about this technology from top experts.
Daniel Sieberg, CEO of iO and Principal iO Ventures, LLC
Christian de Vartavan, advisor and global ambassador, PUBLIQ
Christian de Vartavan is a Tech London Advocate as well as an expert in the APPG-Blockchain group of the House of Lords & House of Commons (Parliamentary, UK). He was also elected a Fellow of the Linnean Society in 2017 (London) and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (London) in 2018.
- Local news: Breaking out of the London bubble
- How can we monetise content on smart speakers?
- Who is investing in solutions journalism
- How to reinvent your mobile storytelling
- Vogue International’s Sarah Marshall to keynote at Journalism.co.uk’s next Newsrewired conference
- Panels By Getty Images: The AI technology that suggests images by ‘reading’ your story
- How changing a business model can help future-proof news organisations
- HuffPost experiments with ‘listening circles’ in Birmingham to go beyond the London bubble
- Two new speakers announced for newsrewired panel on getting Gen Z engaged with the news