Journalism.co.uk’s next news:rewired digital journalism conference is set to take place on Thursday 16 July at MSN UK’s offices in Victoria, London.
The one-day conference will offer delegates a choice of sessions and workshops covering tools, tips and techniques in digital journalism from some of the leading figures in the industry, aiming to give everyone involved some practical knowledge to use in their daily jobs.
Some initial themes and areas we are looking to discuss at the event include:
- The mobile revolution – what journalists need to know about reporting, producing and distributing their stories with mobile devices
- Live news – barriers between news events, reporters and the public are receding at pace, so how can journalists inform and engage with their audience in real time?
- Native storytelling – the number of different platforms and digital networks increases by the month, so what do news organisations need to know to make their stories relevant?
Although the agenda for July has yet to be announced you can still see the schedule from February’s news:rewired to get more of a feel for the day on the news:rewired website.
Have some ideas for what you would like to see? Email news editor and event organiser Alastair Reid with “news:rewired ideas” in the subject to talk further.
There are two ticketing options for news:rewired:
– news:rewired: Tickets for the full day of sessions and workshops are £165 +VAT, including lunch, refreshments, and networking drinks with speakers and delegates after the event.
– news:rewired+: These tickets offer a place at the conference on Thursday 16 July and a full day of training on Friday 17 July, with a choice of three training courses. Space on the courses will be limited and we will announce the choices in the near future.
Tickets to both days under news:rewired+, including all sessions, workshops, social events and the choice of courses are £335 +VAT, representing a 20 per cent discount when bought separately.