WATCH: How news organisations should approach eyewitness media
Claire Wardle is co-founder of the Eyewitness Media Hub and research director at the Tow Center for Digital Journalism.
In this video, she outlines why thinking of eyewitness footage as a type of media produced by a person that has actually been in a traumatic situation, rather than user generated content, influences the way in which journalists approach their sources.
- WATCH: Sourcing and verifying stories on social media
- Why newsrooms should focus more on addressing vicarious trauma from UGC
- WATCH: How journalists should engage with readers in the comments
- How NOT to approach breaking news witnesses on Twitter
- Catch up: Coverage and resources from news:rewired ‘in focus’