WATCH: Sourcing and verifying stories on social media
Jochen Spangenberg is innovation manager on the Reveal Project, an initiative co-founded by the European Commission, which aims to develop tools and services that aid news organisations in verifying social media content.
In this video, he talks about the balance journalists should find between using both social media and traditional mediums to source and verify their stories, as well as the common challenges they face.
- Ten tips for sourcing stories from social media
- WATCH: How news organisations should approach eyewitness media
- Presentations: Collecting social conversations session at #newsrw
- Video, slides and audio from the recent news:rewired conference
- Slides and audio – Sourcing stories on social media