As it happened: Skills, tips and tools for working with eyewitness media
Knowing the quickest way to find stories, sources and media puts journalists ahead of the competition, but that’s no good if the information turns out to be fake.
Newsgathering and verification techniques are the key skills for journalists in this field, and experts will share their tips, tools and advice in these workshops.
- Sarah Marshall, social media editor EMEA, The Wall Street Journal
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor, UGC and social news, BBC
- George Sargent, social media producer, Reuters
- As it happened: The journalist’s social media toolbox
- First speakers and sessions announced for next news:rewired
- Catch up: Coverage and resources from news:rewired ‘in focus’
- More speakers announced for news:rewired ‘in focus’ in October
- First speakers announced for news:rewired ‘in focus’ event on newsgathering and verification