Slides and audio – Chat apps in the newsroom: What’s next?
This panel explored the opportunities available for news outlets looking to produce and distribute stories on chat apps, including Snapchat, WhatsApp, Viber and Line, and the role they play in engaging with a broader audience.
We heard from:
- Trushar Barot, mobile editor, BBC World Service
- Blathnaid Healy, UK editor,Mashable
- Heather Bowen, head of social media, Daily Mirror
- As it happened: Chat apps in the newsroom – what’s next?
- Latest news:rewired updates: Heather Bowen, head of social media at the Daily Mirror, joins chat apps panel
- Chat apps: an exciting new platform for news providers
- Data, chat apps, investigations and in-house tools: First speakers announced for December’s news:rewired
- Announcing the agenda for the next news:rewired