As it happened: Immersive video workshop
Virtual reality and 360-degree video have arrived in newsrooms, transporting audiences to the centre of the story and enabling them to consume the news in a more immersive way than ever before.
In this workshop, we will take a look at some of the great films made so far, produced with a variety of techniques, from 3D scanning technology to CGI or illustration.
Delegates will leave with a greater appreciation of what can be done with this technology, and no doubt brimming with ideas of how to take it back to their organisation.
- Immersive storytelling for digital audiences: More speakers at newsrewired on 22 November
- As it happened: Graphic novel journalism
- Bloomberg joins the newsroom experiments workshop at November’s conference
- Independent filmmaker Jayisha Patel joins immersive storytelling workshop
- As it happened: Show, don’t tell: virtual reality and the news