Mobile journalism legend Yusuf Omar is joining Newsrewired
We are very pleased to announce that Yusuf Omar, a mobile and wearable journalist and co-founder of Hashtag Our Stories, will join our (already stellar) speaker lineup.
Hashtag Our Stories is a global video publisher reaching millions of people daily and it has empowered more than 3,000 people across 140 countries to tell stories with wearable cameras and phones.
At Newsrewired, Yusuf will unpack how 5G internet, augmented reality and artificial intelligence will impact our lives and take media to a new world. And if he is right about the future, there will be no phones!
- Building a diverse and sustainable newsroom to regain audiences’ trust
- Using AI to grow audience engagement during breaking news
- How quality journalism can thrive in the age of disinformation
- What skills will journalists need in the newsroom of 2020?
- Workshop: Engage your audience with constructive journalism
- Workshop: Learn to create an audience-first strategy
- Workshop: Grow your audience by hosting a live podcast recording
- …and more
- Newsrewired to welcome 30 local journalists thanks to support from the Google News Initiative
- Newsrewired November 2019: early agenda announced
- Become a mobile journalism pro at Newsrewired
- Robyn Vinter, editor-in-chief at The Overtake on diversity, business growth and investigative journalism for millennials