Announcing news:rewired – connected journalism, 6 October 2011
Journalism.co.uk’s next news:rewired event will take place on 6 October at MSN’s London offices in Victoria.
What’s it about?
news:rewired – connected journalism will look at different forms of integration and collaboration in the industry, both inside and outside the newsroom.
As journalists we don’t work in isolation, and collaborating with our audience is becoming increasingly important. And as the way we do journalism changes, organisations need to think carefully about the way members of staff and different departments work together to produce the best product in the most efficient way possible.
Journalism.co.uk’s next news:rewired event will look at the latest opportunities for collaboration in the newsroom given the evolution of new digital journalism roles, and how reporters can work with the wider community to improve, fund and find the journalism of the future.
Sessions at the one-day conference will include
- a look at the architecture of the newsroom and new opportunities for integration
- advice on how to inspire continued and enhanced engagement from a community
- a guide to some of the top tools and latest digital platforms for integrated multimedia storytelling
- insight into innovative business models being adopted by community-focused news outlets
- a discussion on the importance of collaboration for the future of investigative journalism and how to build the necessary bridges between journalists, news outlets and the general public
In the spirit of collaboration, we are keen to hear about anything you would like to see covered during the day. Just let us know @newsrewired or email rachel[at]journalism.co.uk.
Several speakers have already been confirmed for the event, including:
Who’s it for?
news:rewired events are for: working journalists with an interest in digital media; media trainers and students; journalism and communications academics; PR and communications professionals; and anyone interested in the future of the journalism and media industries.
How can I book tickets?
You can book tickets here. They cost £130 (+VAT). For information about tickets and availability email ed[at]journalism.co.uk.
How can I learn more?
You can email rachel [at] journalism.co.uk for more information on the agenda, or to suggest any topics you would like to see covered.
For sponsorship/advertising queries contact stefanie[at]journalism.co.uk or james[at]journalism.co.uk.
Image by WebWizard on Flickr. Some rights reserved
- Announcing news:rewired – beyond the story, 16 December 2010
- Announcing BuzzData as latest sponsor of news:rewired – connected journalism
- Announcing news:rewired – noise to signal, 27 May 2011
- Announcing news:rewired – media in motion, 3 February 2012
- Announcing the final session: The future of collaboration in digital journalism