WATCH: How journalists should engage with readers in the comments
Ashley Muddiman, research associate on the Engaging News Project, spoke on the panel about building engaged communities at last week’s event.
In this video, she shares some of its findings and tips, such as when should journalists engage with their readers in the comments and how changing the language of these sections can help maintain a civilised conversation.
The slides from this session will be available on the website soon. In the meantime, you can read our blog about this panel discussion here.
- WATCH: Sourcing and verifying stories on social media
- WATCH: How news organisations should approach eyewitness media
- Video, slides and audio from the recent news:rewired conference
- Video: ‘The news stream’ panel at #newsrw share lessons in live digital news reporting
- Presentations: Collecting social conversations session at #newsrw