WATCH: Virtual reality should be approached with ‘cautious enthusiasm’
Edward Miller, entrepreneur and head of visuals at Immersiv.ly, was on the panel discussing virtual reality in news at last week’s conference.
In the video below, he explains why news organisations should be cautious when approaching virtual reality, why it might work better for ‘slow’ rather than breaking news and how it differs from 360-degree videos.
Read our blog of the discussion, including insight from the Wall Street Journal’s global head of visuals, Jessica Yu, here.
- As it happened: Show, don’t tell: virtual reality and the news
- Emily Bell to give keynote speech at July’s news:rewired
- Social search and virtual reality: More speakers announced for July’s news:rewired
- How journalists are using virtual reality for news
- news:rewired videos are now available