Newsrewired is going virtual!
As the media industry continues to be disrupted by the effects of the covid-19 pandemic, Journalism.co.uk has decided to bring our Newsrewired conference online.
It is now clear that holding an in-person event on 4 June 2020 could be unsafe, both for our attendees and our staff.
But that doesn’t mean we have to miss out on access to top expert insights, learning practical skills, and network with other great minds. Better than that – a virtual event allows us to bring you all of this, wherever you are.
Newsrewired virtual conference will feature:
- Four expert panels around the most pressing topics in the media industry
- Four practical workshops that will help you navigate through this crisis and plan for the future of your organisation
- Private networking group on LinkedIn as now it is a great time to connect
You can now book the ticket for the four-day virtual event for £150 +VAT instead of the standard price of £200 +VAT. If you are only interested in one session, individual day tickets are also available for £75 +VAT.
As the covid-19 pandemic keeps on disrupting our workplaces, we will take a look at reinventing our workflow with a ‘distributed newsroom’. A workshop with Dr Len Clark will then teach you how to effectively communicate with different personality types to increase the quality of your teamwork (Day 1).
Since the beginning of this health crisis, news consumption went up. We will discuss how to engage with your existing and new users and start building a loyal audience of tomorrow (Day 2).
The pandemic has hit the publishing sector hard with small and local publishers being especially vulnerable. Still, it seems there are revenue opportunities for those who are able to capitalise on them. A host of speakers will share their tips and a hands-on workshop will teach you practical skills to help you get through these challenging times (Day 3).
Finally, the ‘new normal’ is probably going to become just ‘normal’. We will look at where the news industry may be heading, from new content formats like mobile-optimised reporting to video streaming. (Day 4).
You can find the full agenda here. We are in the process of confirming speakers and keep on adding them to the webpage as soon as we can.
See you all there!
- Training courses for news:rewired July 2015 now available
- Introducing the latest speakers at July’s news:rewired
- A first look at what’s on the agenda for news:rewired – full stream ahead, Friday 13 July
- #newsrw: Save the date – the next news:rewired will be 3 February
- Contentment to sponsor news:rewired