Diversity in the newsroom matters. So we expanded the conference agenda
co-founder and COO
Bola Awoniyi combined his interest in media, marketing and digital transformation, with Black Ballad’s founder, Tobi Oredein’s, frustration at the lack of representation for black women in Britain’s lifestyle media. He created a successful £11,000 crowdfund in 2016 and transformed the free-to-access blog into a successful membership organisation.
Robert C. Maynard Institute for Journalism Education
Martin G. Reynolds is also a co-founder of Oakland Voices, a community storytelling project that trains residents to serve as community correspondents. Before his work at Maynard Institute, Reynolds was senior editor for community engagement and training for Bay Area News Group and served as editor-in-chief of The Oakland Tribune between 2008-2011.
news storytelling researcher
- Slides and audio – New models in local media
- Announcing news:rewired – connected journalism, 6 October 2011
- How to follow the news:rewired conference today
- Audio, slides and resources from March’s newsrewired
- New at newsrewired on 11 July: Newsletters, Instagram Stories and podcasts